School is out, the sun is shining, and it is time to take to the open road! Whether your travels take you near or far this summer, we want to make sure your backpack is stocked with a good supply of nibbles and snacks. Here are fifteen of our favorites — from granola bars and kale chips to homemade Cracker Jacks and more.
How to Make Homemade Granola Bars
The best thing about a long trip is the snacks, am I right?! They serve a dual purpose of tiding us over when regular mealtimes get interrupted and feeling like a special treat during a vacation. A big batch of granola bars will definitely keep everyone happy all the way to the beach. Try our 4-Ingredient Banana Oat Bars for something a little different or bring along a few Spiced Lentil, Sweet Potato, and Kale Whole Wheat Pockets for a more substantive nosh.
Of course you’ll need a few sweet treats to get you through a long day of travel! I’m a big fan of homemade marshmallows — light to carry and fun to eat. Vegan vanilla almond sandies and cracker jacks are also excellent choices for satisfying a sweet tooth.
Traveling with a puppy? Check out our recipe for homemade doggy treats at the end of the round-up!
What are your favorite travel snacks?
- 1 How to Make Easy 3-Ingredient Energy Bars at Home
- 2 Tropical Banana Bread with Macadamia Nuts, Pineapple & Coconut
- 3 Homemade Cracker Jack
- 4 How to Make Homemade Granola Bars
- 5 Cheesy (Yet Vegan!) Kale Chips
Spiced Lentil, Sweet Potato, and Kale Whole Wheat Pockets
- 6 Apple Gouda Granola Cookies
- 7 Blueberry Bran Muffins
- 8 How to Make Gimbap: Korean Rice and Seaweed Rolls
- 9 Vegan Vanilla Almond Sandies
- 10 Spiced Lentil, Sweet Potato & Kale Whole Wheat Pockets
Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallows
- 11 4-Ingredient Banana Oat Bars
- 12 Milk and Honey Peanut Butter Balls
- 13 Roasted Curried Chickpeas with Rosemary and Thyme
- 14 Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallows
- 15 Homemade Doggy Treats