- For the brownies
- 225g/8oz dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 150g/5½oz unsalted butter
- 3 free-range eggs
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 100ml/3½fl oz strong espresso
- 100g/3½oz plain flour
- For the cheesecake
- 150g/5½oz full fat cream cheese
- 50g/1¾oz caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- ½ orange, zest only
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Grease and line a 8in/20cm square cake tin.
- For the brownies, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water.) Remove the bowl from the pan and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs, caster sugar and coffee in a bowl until well combined. Sift in the flour and chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- For the cheesecake, beat the cream cheese, caster sugar, egg and orange zest until smooth.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into the cake tin then spoon the cheesecake mixture on top and use a knife to cut lines into the mixture to create a marble effect.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until just set. Remove the tin from the oven, set aside to cool completely, then cut into squares