Christmas pudding vodka
- 300g/10½oz mixed dried fruit (sultanas, currants, raisins)
- 75g/3oz caster sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice
- 6 cloves
- ½ whole nutmeg, finely grated
- 1 orange, zest only, finely grated
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest only, finely grated
- 750ml/1 pint 5fl oz bottle good quality vodka
- Mix the dried fruit with the sugar, cinnamon sticks, mixed spice, cloves, grated nutmeg and citrus zest in a large bowl.
- Pour over the vodka, and cover tightly with cling film.
- Place in the fridge and leave for 3 days, stirring once each day.
- Line a sieve with a double layer of fine muslin and place over a large, clean jug.
- Pour the dried fruit and vodka mixture into the sieve and allow to drip through into the jug.
- Pour into a sterilized bottle.