- For the biscuit base
- 10 digestive biscuits
- 75g/3oz butter, melted
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- For the filling
- 700g/1½ lb mascarpone cheese
- 2 lemon, juice and zest
- 200g/7oz caster sugar, plus more to taste
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- mint, to garnish
- For the sauce
- 450g frozen summer fruits, defrosted
- icing sugar, to taste
- Brush the bottom of a 23cm/9in springform cake tin with some of the melted butter and place a round of greaseproof paper in the base.
- Crush the biscuits and tip them into a bowl, add the melted butter and honey and stir until well combined.
- Tip the mixture into the bottom of the cake tin. Using the back of a spoon, gently push the crumbs from the centre outward, until smooth and level. This will form the base of the cheesecake. Chill in the fridge while making the filling.
- For the filling, mix the mascarpone cheese, lemon juice and zest and caster sugar together in a bowl until well combined. Do not mix the mixture too much as this will cause it to split. Taste the mixture and add more sugar, to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin on top of the chilled biscuit mixture and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, either run a hot cloth or blowtorch round the outside of the tin and ease out the cheesecake.
- For the sauce, blend most of the fruits with some icing sugar (to taste) in a food processor until smooth. Pass the sauce through a sieve.
- Place the cheesecake onto a plate, decorate the top with the sprigs of fresh mint and spoon the sauce around the side. Decorate with the remaining berries.