Toffee apple muffins
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 80g/2¾oz caster sugar
- 240ml/8½fl oz milk
- 100g/3½oz butter, melted
- 300g/10½oz plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch cinnamon
- 2 eating apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 200g/7oz shop-bought toffee pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190C/380F/Gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, milk and melted butter in a large bowl. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the chopped apple and lightly mix.
- Using half of the mixture, quarter-fill each of the muffin cases with the mixture and top with a few pieces of toffee. Cover with the remaining filling so the cases are half full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.